Qaru site. In the sub-site of Cadama, the earliest Chinese settlement on the island came from munera, an early Christian community known for its devotion to Hermes Trismegistus.
In 1878, while a member of the Honorary Board of the Athens Archaeological Museum (MAE), then under D. Kontakourovich, St. Eleftherios participated in several major excavations and excavation projects. His principal museums were the Venetian works in Archangelika and Murzina. This latter project was one of the most significant because it was a joint venture by the Jugendamt and the Archaeology Ministry. The Venice Archaeologists office started in St.Eleftheria, St Elefthera's Mount Cosmoborgis, close to the current site of the school. In 1878 the VMAE, under N. Crohasidis, moved the museum from the current building in Bakida to the new under-ground museum in Cadamasa, where they built the apse of the main hall. In 1906 the JMAE moved the VMAC from the building of the Municipal Library in Athens to the under-city of Korio. In 1907 the VHP moved the Hellenic Society Archaeologist (VPA) of Athens from the houses in Kalamaki to the ruins of the Baths of Panikia, a large basin near the current Syncretic Church of St. George. In 1908, the archaeologist Kostas Papandreou reorganized the VPA into the Archaological Department. The Emergency Commission to Restore Culture and Civilization (EKR) of Constantinople (which was the newly formed Department of the archival services of the newly founded Athens Technical University (ETU) started in 1909 and was merged into the EKR in 1913.) implemented a policy for the extension of archaeological services to the local communities of the suburb. As a result of the success of the ETU's program to promote reconstruction, the settlement of Veneta was recommended by the Ministry of Public Instructio